Apples, walnut and cinnemon make up for a good combination especially in the pre christmas season. The days are getting colder and people seek for a warm soft and heartfilling snack – a perfect match for our pi in action, best served right out of the oven . The recipe has been taken from chefkoch.de,
- 200 g butter
- 300 g flour
- 225 g sugar
- 8 g vanillin sugar
- 8 g backing powder
- 3 egg
- teaspoon of salt
- 3 teaspoon cinnemon
- 40 ml Rum
- 100 g walnuts
- 350 g apples (around 3 normal sized ones)
- preheat oven at 160°C (with air circulation)
- buttered springform pan (26 cm)
- a sieve
- Cut the apples in squares of at least 1x1x1 cm. After baking you want the apples to be part of the texture, consequently they are allowed or even required to be at least bite sized. Chop the walnuts in small pieces. Here again i like them to be part of the pie’s texture which is why i usually don’t chop them too fine grained.
- Mix 200 g butter (slightly melted), 8 g vanillin sugar and 225 g sugar together until they become homogeneous. Gradually add 3 eggs one at a time into the mixture, whisk every egg for about 1 minute.
- Add 3 teaspoons of cinnemon, half a teaspoon of salt and 40 ml of rum to the mixture. The amount of spices used here depend on your own preferences.
- Now under continous gentle whisking, use a sieve to add 300 g flour and 8 g baking powder to the mixture.
- The dough should now get heavier to whisk, so it is adviced to switch your gear. Take a big spoon and add walnuts to the dough until they are distrbuted evenly. At last add your apples to the dough. It might appear, that there are too many apples in the dough, however after baking it will be just fine.
- Bake at 160°C (with air circulation) for 1 hour.